Associate Dean Student Services, Residential College
Founded in 1872 as the first college of the University of Melbourne, Trinity College is a vibrant, diverse community, inspiring and enabling students of exceptional promise from Australia and around the world in its various educational programs, including a Residential College, a Theological School and a Pathways School. With a staff of 300 employees and cohort in excess of 2,000 students, the College is celebrated for its high-quality education programs and active social engagement.
About the Role
Reporting into the Dean of Residential College, the Associate Dean Student Services will provide leadership, management and implementation of the Trinity Residential Student Services Programs being offered at Trinity College. You will provide effective leadership and support to our Wellbeing, Indigenous and Student Support Services teams and will work closely with the Residential College leadership in creating and offering a rich academic and pastoral services program for the students.
Living on campus at Parkville, the successful candidate will be an outstanding role model for staff and students and will play a key role in promoting diversity and inclusiveness at Trinity to continue building our respectful community. In addition, you will be responsible for reviewing policies and procedures, managing student behaviour relating to the code of conduct & disciplinary matters, managing risks, driving student engagement, planning and coordinating College events, managing budgets and deliverables, developing new initiatives and engaging with educational divisions across the college to develop a sense of a single community.
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification, including postgraduate study, in a relevant discipline i.e. education, management, health or welfare and demonstrated work experience in a similar role with specific experience in staff and student project/case management.
- Inspiring leadership qualities, with experience in developing and building high performance teams
- Sound critical judgment, influence and negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and understanding of factors that affect student engagement in higher education and approaches, policies, programs and research relating to student services.
- Creativity and initiative in the development of Student Services programs.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to contribute significantly and positively to the team, in addition to working autonomously.
- An understanding of Equal Opportunity, and commitment to equity and cultural diversity.
This is a full-time, 5-year fixed term contract position where the successful incumbent will live on the Trinity College campus and will require flexible working arrangements acknowledged through the remuneration of this position.
Salary: Band Level 5 FTE $99,792 plus 10% superannuation and 17.5% leave loading. Additional benefits including, accommodation plus utilities, meals and parking will be provided to the successful candidate.
- work in a warm and collegiate environment
- access to funded professional development
- access to wellbeing programs such as an EAP program, Pilates classes and heavily discounted gym memberships
- work-life balance and flexible fair work arrangements
Enquiries: Human Resources Email: HR@trinity.unimelb.edu.au
To Apply: Applicants must be Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or hold a valid work permit or visa. The successful applicant must secure, or be in the process of securing, a Working with Children approval.
To be considered for this role, you must submit a current copy of your resume, cover letter and your response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the attached position description.
Applications close by 9:00 am on Tuesday, 23 July 2019.
Contract/Contract - full-time
Job no: GJAK90242
Location: Parkville, 100 Royal Parade
Closing Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2019